Kawkawa Lake, Hope – We invite everyone to visit our open house at 66506 Summer Road on November 26 from 13:30 PM to 15:00 PM.
Kawkawa Lake, Hope – We invite everyone to visit our open house at 66572 SUMMER ROAD on November 26 from 13:30 PM to 15:00 PM.
Agassiz, Agassiz – We invite everyone to visit our open house at 9 1640 Mackay Crescent on November 26 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
Chilliwack Heritage Advocacy Alert – Call to Action!
CFB Chilliwack – Canadian Military Education Centre Museum
If you love history & heritage, if you have or had a member of your family serve in the Canadian Armed Forces, or if you are interested in military history and local history you might want to read on:
To try to make a long story short: As you probably know the Chilliwack/Vedder area was once home to a large Canadian Forces Base (CFB Chilliwack) from 1942 until closure in the late 1990s. The Canadian Military Education Centre Museum operated until about a year ago when it was closed and the building was demolished – the collection of artifacts from the museum (including large pieces of equipment) is currently stored in people’s homes and barns around the area.
There is a group of interested people trying to find or build a space for this valuable historical collection on or near the former CFB Chilliwack. The Officers Mess Hall building, built in 1943 at CFB Chilliwack, is/was designated as a National Historic Site & listed in the Canadian Register of Historic Places. This building still exists and is on land now owned by University of Fraser Valley (UFV). Somehow the Officers Mess building has lost its national Historic Site designation when the CFB land was sold to UFV.
Rumours abound that the historic Officers Mess Hall building is slated to be demolished or sold or both! There is a notion that this building would make a terrific start as a home for CFB Military History Museum or at least be retained as a designated Historic Site.
If you are interested, or would like to lend your help in retaining or re-purposing this building as a museum….. there is an informational meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 15th at 7:00 p.m. at the Vedder Legion Hall, 5661 Vedder Road, Chilliwack – Everyone Welcome! For more info: email@example.com or Darren Kennedy 778-839-4972
Please have a read through these links to more fully understand this issue:
PLEASE FORWARD THIS ALONG TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED – THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I’m so fortunate to work with great folks!!
We absolutely recommend our realtor Shannon Babcock to others. Very professional, trusting and respectful. She works Super Hard!! Our experience with her selling our home was Outstanding. She followed through to ensure every wish and detail was done to its fullest. Shannon was super accommodating and attentive, always returning calls promptly.
She was ready & willing to take on any kind of work necessary to please us and reach our desired results. Shannon is very knowledgeable and was excellent at looking at all sides of any given situation during the negotiation process. Marina and Darcy Striker
Kawkawa Lake, Hope – We invite everyone to visit our open house at 66506 Summer Road on November 13 from 13:00 PM to 15:00 PM.
Kawkawa Lake, Hope – We invite everyone to visit our open house at 66572 SUMMER ROAD on November 13 from 13:00 PM to 15:00 PM. Lovely setting – lakeside subdivision.
SUPER SIZED FENCED YARD
• 1,646 sq. ft., 3 bath, 3 bdrm 3 story “OPEN FLOORPLAN 9′ CEILINGS” – $335,000. END UNIT – DECK & VIEWS!!
Agassiz, Agassiz – STUNNING EXPANSIVE MOUNTAIN VIEWS from this Well Designed Fully Finished END UNIT TOWNHOME with attractive colonial style exterior that has lovely wood details an brick accents. You’ll love the SUPERSIZED REAR YARD with COVERED PATIO and LARGE SIDE YARD AREA.
Open floor plan with powder on main, 9′ ceilings, tall windows and gas f/p in living room, rec rm with new flooring, Deck off the Stylish Kitchen with maple shaker cabinetry, SS appls, island eating bar with silestone counter top plus wi pantry. 3 BEDROOMS UP with nice master suite that has good sized closet and 3 piece ensuite.
Features neutral colour scheme, wrought iron railings, 2″ blinds, designer light fixtures & hardware.
Dbl. Garage & Dbl. Driveway. Prof. managed $140 strata fee Don’t Delay!
Call Shannon Babcock for Buying Agassiz Real Estate!
Cutie Lakeside Cabin 66506 Summer Road Kawkawa Lake Hope BC, Canada
• 870 sq. ft., 1 bath, 2 bdrm 1 1/2 story – $285,000. GET YOUR R&R HERE!
This Cutie Kawkawa Lakeside 2 Bdrm + Loft A-Frame Cabin set on 56×136 Lot Boasts RUSTIC CHARM with wood accents, high vaulted ceilings and tall windows. Attached heated and insulated workshop doubling as a den.
Perfect Weekend /Holiday Getaway or Cozy Year Round Living! Wonderful picturesque setting with Majestic Mountain views from the front & back decks. Lovely Peter Ryan tree carving in the LARGE BACKYARD with fruit trees, garden and creek backing onto nature. What a picturesque setting minutes walk to the LAKE! Where watercraft fun and boat launch awaits. Needs some TLC. Hope offers an abundance of year round recreation, shopping, pool and hospital.
EXPERIENCE HOPE BC
AT THE CONFLUENCE OF TWO RIVERS…
between the Coast Mountain Range and the Cascade Mountain Range, this hub of southern BC highways makes Hope a readily accessible destination from which to explore some of the most beautiful and dramatic BC wilderness. Within a half hour drive, there are awe-inspiring desert canyons, vast stands of coastal rainforest, rugged snow capped mountains, expansive alpine meadows and fast-flowing rivers.
Kawkawa Lake is home to one of the most unique fisheries in the Upper Fraser Valley. Some of the fish include: Largescale Sucker, Northern Squawfish, Peamouth Chub, Prickly Sculpin, Redside Shiner, Threespine Stickleback, Lake Chub, Goldfish, Aleutian Sculpin, Crayfish, Painted Turtles. The lake is often busy with campers and swimmers during the summer, but is easily accessible. There is paved access to a boat launch, picnic sites and toilets located in the bay area on the south shoreline. There is a seasonal closure on Kawkawa Lake from Dec 1–Feb 28. Coordinates: N49°22.57′ W121°24.00′
LOCAL & PROVINCIAL PARKS
There are several provincial parks near Hope, BC. All are scenic and easily accessible. Some include Coquihalla Canyon, E.C. Manning, Silver Lake and Skagit Valley. If you prefer staying closer to town, visit Hope’s Memorial Park on Wallace Street or Kawkawa Lake just off of Kawkawa Lake Road. Learn more about our parks by visiting the Local & Provincial Parks page.
Royal Lepage Wheeler Cheam Realty
Buy Smart. Sell Smart.
Kawkawa Lake Real Estate Homes for sale in Hope BC
Guide to Being a Landlord #10: Sharing Space with your Tenant
Many rentals are basement or other suites in your own home. In the final part of our series, Michael Drouillard outlines helpful ground rules to help you harmoniously share space with a Tenant!
If you’re sharing common areas with your tenant or tenants are sharing common areas with each other, it’s important to clarify use of these areas and their boundaries in the rental agreement.
- Tenants renting a secondary suite might be uncertain as to whether or not they’re entitled to exclusive use of any part of the yard. In a home with upper and lower suites, the tenant in the lower suite might assume that the backyard is for his or her own use, while the upper occupants may only use the balcony. Sometimes, tenants may consider the backyard to be their own personal storage area, or a place where they can leave debris. Yard disputes are foreseeable and preventable, if your rental agreement is clear about the use of the yard and all common areas.
- Physical barriers such as fences or hedges could be installed to create exclusive-use areas. If it is impractical to install physical barriers, then boundaries must be created through terms in the rental agreement. For example, you could have a clause in the agreement specifying that while the interior of the secondary suite is for the tenant’s exclusive use, all other parts of the property are considered common-use areas. Your agreement would prohibit the tenant from leaving items on common property without the landlord’s permission.
- Parking problems are also foreseeable and preventable. Do you want your tenant to park on a certain part of the driveway and not elsewhere or restrict the number of vehicles? Decide what you want ahead of time and specify the parking rules in the rental agreement.
- If the electrical panel, hot water tank or furnace are located within the secondary suite, know that you cannot access them without receiving the tenant’s consent to enter the home, or by serving written notice beforehand as required by provincial tenancy law. You could enter the suite if it’s an emergency, but the law has a narrow definition of “emergency.” Generally, it’s only an emergency if property or people are at immediate risk of harm. You and your tenants should agree beforehand to a contingency plan.
- READ MORE http://www.rew.ca/news/guide-to-being-a-landlord-10-sharing-space-with-your-tenant-1.2259028